I have been very defensive in my sun protection this Summer (the third step in my Skin Wellness Game Plan). Yet as Summer is winding down my skin feels like it has a build up of serums and sunscreen.
Does yours feel or look dull from the sun rays? Well, my suggestion is to polish your skin to get it smooth and radiant again.
- 1st recommendation – receive a professional microdermabrasion skin treatment with an antioxidant mask. The microdermabrasion exfoliates the skin removing dead skin from the epidermis. When the mask is applied it can penetrate deeper, making it more effective.
- 2nd recommendation – use a facial polish 1-3 times a week depending on your skin type. Contact me to learn what your skin type.
- 3rd recommendation – use a facial mask 1-2 times a week at home.*
- 4th recommendation – dry skin brush your entire body and use a lotion that includes antioxidants daily.
Take a look at facial polishes from my skincare line, NYR Organics. They can be used for all skin types. Both have won awards from “Good Scrub Guide,” Good Housekeeping Ethical Company, Leaping Bunny, dermatologically tested and certified organic from the Soil Association.
Good Scrub Guide
Fauna & Flora International launched the Good Scrub Guide to inform consumers which skincare products contain marine ecosystem-damaging plastic microbeads. NYR’s facial polishes and scrubs have been awarded the ‘green light’ for being 100% free of microplastics.
Honey and Orange Facial Scrub
Rice powder and kaolin remove impurities while honey and orange flower oil tone and balance for softer, smoother skin.
Rehydrating Rose Facial Polish
Antioxidant milk thistle and aloe vera combined with gently exfoliating wild rose seed powder to leave skin smooth, enriched and revitalized.
Or if you are interested in making your own facial polish, below is a simple scrub recipe for a single application.
- Avocado – moisturizing fruit and high in Vitamin A and E
- Olive oil – moisturizing oil with linoleic acid
- Honey – natural antiseptic and holds in moisture
- Ground rice – gentle exfoliating action
- Mash the avocado in a bowl using a fork
- Heat the honey in a water bath ***
- Add the oil and warm honey to the avocado mixture and blend
- Add the ground rice and mix until you have a paste
- Use immediately
- Gently massage into your skin for 1 – 2 minutes
- Leave on for 3 – 5 minutes
- Rinse off with warm water
- Pat dry with a clean towel
Source: Natural Beauty, NYR Organics, DK Publishing, page 124