Two great reasons to drink water every day for Radiant Skin!

It’s one of the easiest and most effective ways to have radiant or youthful skin. Yet most people don’t drink enough water.

During warmer months, it is easier to remember to keep hydrated as we sweat more. But during the winter months our water intake tends to switch to tea and coffee to keep us warm. Tea and coffee have caffeine that actually dehydrate our skin and body.

Think of water as a fountain of youth nutrient. We need it every day for radiant, youthful skin.

The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine determined that an adequate daily water intake is:

  • About 15.5 cups of water for men
  • About 11.5 cups of water a day for women

Water and other beverages, account for approximately 80 percent of daily fluid intake. The other 20 percent comes from food (fruit and vegetables primarily).

The first great reason to drink water is that you may look younger. If you have a puffy face, dull skin, and dark circles under your eyes, it could indicate that your kidneys are under stress.

The kidneys filter toxins, salts, and water from the bloodstream. When your body is dehydrated, your kidneys do not function efficiently. And when your kidneys are overloaded, this shows in your face.

The second great reason to drink water every day is that you will sleep better. When you do not drink enough water during the day it may make you sleepless at night. Your body is dehydrated and produces less melatonin, which leads to less sleep. When you wake up you may not feel rested.

Melatonin is a vital hormone that regulates your body’s circadian cycle. This cycle regulates when you should begin to wind down for the day and get ready to sleep. Drink another 8–10 ounces of water an hour before going to bed. You will pass this water before getting to bed, and keep you hydrated while you sleep.

Cheers, slainte, salute to drinking more water!!!

NYR_Organic_International_logo We Believe In Safe Cosmetics Logo

12 January, 2015

Natural Health News